Sunday, January 29, 2012

Introducing Elynn Cecelia Bird

 So I went in for my 39 week check up on Friday morning.  I was a bit worried as I had not been feeling the baby move and felt like something had changed.  I expressed this to the doctor and she mentioned we could break my water today and induce labor.  I talked to Jeff and felt good about it and so walked upstairs and had the baby!  It was not how I wanted to have the baby as I have been induced and gone on my own and it was easier to go on my own, but this felt right.  I am glad I did.  I didn't have much amniotic fluid and the cord was wrapped around the baby's neck twice.  Perhaps all would have been well regardless, but I am glad that I delivered her a week early.  She was small and so was very easy to push out, like maybe 2 contractions and she was out, so the fact the the cord was around her neck didn't affect her at all as it was a quick delivery.  She was 7 lb. 3 oz. and 20 inches long.  Perhaps if she was bigger then the cord would have caused an issue but she was out so quickly my doctor cut it and it was not an issue.  My doctor did an amazing job too.  I didn't even know the cord was around the baby's neck the entire time until after the fact.  Crazy, but I love labor even more now!  I have always enjoyed it, but this was the best!  And while waiting to find out the gender was hard, it was also so fun that I might do it again!




Maddox and Embree are adjusting okay.  It is still too early really to tell how they will handle it as I have only been home for one day.  So far Elynn is a great nurser and sleeper.  She has a bit of a fussy period in the evening from about 9-1a.m. but then falls asleep and sleeps all night and all day unless I wake her up to eat.  We got her name from my middle name being Evelyn, after my grandma.  We were going to name her Evelyn and just shorten it to Elynn but decided to just name her Elynn, pronounced Ee-lynn, with a hard e sound.  Cecelia is after my great grandma.  We are home now and all doing fine!

1 comment: